Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Francois et Mimi 50oz Glass French Press


Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press, 50-Ounce, Chrome











   First off I want to state that you HAVE to know how to use a french press to get your coffee to taste right and not to break or crack the glass as well. You WILL break this if you put in boiling water. The process is time consuming and you can't go into using a french press thinking your going to get your self a quick cup of coffee. Patience is needed when using a french press. Its an acquired want, and taste for a french press. I wanted to address that because I have seen some negative reviews in the past on this product and similar products and my mom and I been using this for a month now to make sure nothing goes wrong when doing my review.



   My suggestion is to look up some youtube videos to get your perfect cup of coffee. When your boiling your water on a stove, etc its best to let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes before pouring it into your french press. It will still be extremely HOT. If you put it in to soon you WILL crack your pot. This is why if you cracked it your water was way to hot to begin with. Its best not to use a finally ground coffee. I prefer to buy coffee beans and grind them my self to a more course ground. Small coffee grounders are not expensive at all either. Or you can just grind you some at a local store.

   My mom is a french press lover and we have been using this product for over 30 days now. And we are both completely in love with it. She stated she has had no issues with it what so ever when following strict instructions after researching how to make the perfect cup of coffee. We live in the same house so I see her use it and get to experience the benefits of this yummy coffee as well. She is the expert in using the french press so I always have her make my coffee. I have had no issues of rusting at all on any of the metal parts. We personally don't put this in the dishwasher and wash it by hand to protect it and make it last longer. I don't find that a dishwasher in my opinion will clean it any better then hot water and disinfectant soap. But that is my own personal opinion. I have not seen it stated other wise if this is dishwasher safe or not.

   The little screw that keeps the plastic insulated part does come lose after a while. But does not take much to screw it back on at all. A slight flaw that does need to be fixed and the reason for my 4 stars here on Amazon. But it does not affect us much nor the taste of the coffee. We have had no issues at all with coffee grounds coming up into our coffee either like some other cheaper French Presses. When its properly slowly lowered after brewing all the grounds stay to the bottom of the pot like they should.

   I also think the design is pretty and sleek and looks great in our kitchen. It has been a great addition to our french press collection.

Here is some information on the product from the company:
  • Elegant Chrome Finish
  • Holds 1500ml, or 50oz
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Micro-Mesh Filter
  • Works great with coarse-ground coffee or tea leaves

Buy the product here:



Disclaimer: Regarding my product reviews. The company provided me with a reduced price or free item(s) or sample(s) of the product(s) mentioned above in my review, I was under no obligation to review it, nor was I under any obligation to only write a positive review. My reviews are my honest opinion after personally trying the product & feeling confident in it.



The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.All information contained in the pages of The Lopez Chronicles blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube or elsewhere are for information & research only.



No comments:

Post a Comment