Saturday, April 11, 2015

Beauty Isn't Makeup

 

Beauty Isn't Makeup







   Don't get me wrong. I love makeup. My daughter loves makeup. I love playing with it and trying out new styles. Over the past few years I have wore less and less. But that is just mainly because it has been hard to put on eye makeup because of my failing eye sight.

   However, I wear things like concealer, foundation, powders. I always try to cover up a flaw that comes up on my face once a month. I suffer from a condition called Psoriasis. It mainly effects the general area of my chin and neck. The sores never completely go away and leave behind usually small brownish scared spots. But it never fails that when my immune system decides to attack me
those same spots flair right back up. I also have this condition on the palms of my hands. It itches, it burns and its the most annoying thing ever. However, on my face I want to cover it up. I want to hide it from the world.

  This week I am participating with a group of ladies on Youtube. It is "No Makeup for a week" Challenge Collaboration. We have challenged each other to not wear makeup for the week. And not just on camera, yes that means no matter where we were. We should not be wearing makeup for the week. This challenge will last a week. We started the challenge on Sunday and it will end on Saturday the 29th.

   Frankly I thought the challenge would be harder for me. And it may have been. However, I have not been out of the house much this week. However, I have people over all the time. Therapists, my sons Para, etc. So it still can be embarrassing even though I know they could care less. I have not left the house much this week because of a never ending Migraine that I been suffering from for over a month now. Eye related and I will blog about that another day. But the point is. I don't know if I will get much out of this challenge. Because I am not showing my self to the world. Other then on film. Hey look at me I am not wearing makeup.

   What I am hoping to get out of this. Is just knowing, hey I don't need to wear makeup. I should not have to cover up my skin condition. And in fact I should be letting it breath. So I am concentrating on letting my skin breath. Keeping it clean. And detoxing my skin. So I am hoping while I may not have been able to get out much this week. Hopefully, it will let my skin breath and a chance for my flare of Psoriasis to calm down.

   Check out these videos from the past 3 days on my Journey. Here is the first day and we talk about what the challenge is all about Wednesday video will be going up tomorrow. With editing I can never get things up the same day. Even though in a perfect world I would love too. But usually you see things the day after they happen.

 So what about you? Would you be able to survive a week without any makeup on? Let me know what you think about this challenge? What would you get out of it? And would you ever do something like this?

Here is day two. I should have been talking about why I am doing it. However, I was totally spacey. I went over how I was caring for my skin instead because yeah. I am a dork and did not realize that there was a topic to be talked about. So you will see some products I used to clean my skin that day.

In this Video I actually talk about what should have been talked about on day 2 which was: Why am I doing this? So Wednesdays video that you will actually see tomorrow. I will lump two topics on one day. Because I am cool like that.

   I really hope you enjoy the videos. If you have not subscribed to me on youtube yet you can do so over HERE. I would love you to follow my journey with my crazy family and my self.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely very inspirational! For most of the week I dont' wear any makeup at all, it is only special occasions that I do. And yes I agree with you too, I love makeup too, something about it is just "fun and pretty" within itself. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete