Monday, April 27, 2015

Lopez Chronicles Family Weekend Update


 Weekend Update
4/20/2015 to 4/26/2015



   So another week has come to a close. This week actually went by fairly fast for me, even though I felt like I did not get much done.

   The first of the week, I went in for my Refractive Visual test. As many of you may know I am visually impaired. My right eye is a prosthetic and I have low vision in the left eye. My vision was sitting corrected at 20/400. Granted my glasses were a few years old. We could not get new ones till all surgeries were out of the way. I had already had one eye surgery on the left eye already, as it's already starting to go. They were able to correct the vision with the refractive test to 20/60. It's kind of crazy, but I have two different prescriptions in the eye. Not bifocal script. But one side of the eye is different than the other due to my eye condition. Granted because they were able to get my vision corrected to 20/60 that changes a lot of things for me. It changes things positively, but it also makes getting assistance harder as well. But for me I will take eyesight a little while longer over assistance any day. I don't know how long this will last. I am hoping and praying at least a little while longer. I am not ready to give up some of my passions in life that require my eyes.



   Monday is normally my son's Physical Therapy days. However, we were still waiting on DDD releasing his hours so that he could continue services. Every April is renewal. And we did the renewal on time with his Support Coordinator. But because he parted his ways with the department. That meant one thing. Yup, my sons file was sitting there not being attended to. Meaning he has not had services since the 15th because they have not released them in the system. I tried calling and got the run around in the automated system like usual and nobody was returning emails. So I called the main office that oversees the department and complained. You can imagine how fast all of a sudden I was getting phone calls back. I was told that they will work on getting everything released no later by Tuesday. Because they had 48 hours to fix it. Well, they better. As it is he will be missing Physical Therapy again this Monday.

   On top of all this mess, my kids ESA grant money has not been released yet. I guess it's just not my month in this department of releasing services on time. Technically they do have till the 30th to release grant money. Usually, it's between the 15th and 30th per a quarter. Last quarter they were on time on the 15th we had that money in the account. Well, what does this mean for me? That is money that is used to pay my sons Parapro. Meaning I have had no Parapro for my son since you guessed it. Her last day working was over a week ago. And at this rate. I keep checking every day. Nothing is there. They are dragging their feet and I am sure they will release it on the very last day. She can make up hours. However, this just makes it harder on me when I need help here at the house.

   So you can imagine routine has been really off for my son. We homeschool and she helps out so much. When she is gone it can upset him. I just told him he is on school break. That answer satisfied him for the most part.

   I want to raise awareness in other blog posts about my son's struggles with Autism, Depression, OCD, and Anxiety. Long story short he has had a rough time with emotions. Don't ever ignore your child when they talk about suicide. Never think they will not do it and that it's not possible at pre-adolescence. Take it all seriously. And we did. We got my son help. They did decide that he was in need of medications. It was my last choice, but we needed to help him. The first medication made him really sick. But this new one has been working like a charm. He is my little handsome son still, personality and all. But Meltdowns are less. In fact, we are day 5 now with NO meltdowns. This is huge. I notice less Anxiety and fewer OCD tendencies. And this is only about a week on the new med. I am very excited about this. But I will be doing awareness videos as well as blogs on this subject. I think it should not be ignored.

   We have been trying to find ways to make my son feel better. One thing we have changed was giving him a bigger room. So we switched out the homeschool room to his room. His old room which was much smaller is now my mom's craft room. Her old craft room that was downstairs that took up the huge family room is now the school room. Yes, so our house has been a disaster. Which has caused some anxiety issues I think from all of us. But it's getting done. My son for the first time in a LONG time slept in his own room. His room is right next to his sisters. His bed is facing the door so he can see into her room and hallway lights are on. And then also I have direct access across from the master bedroom to get to him quicker if I need to. Granted his old room was not far away. It was two rooms down. But it was far away, just enough to cause him anxiety. We do have a pretty big house. 7 bedroom 4 bathroom. So it can seem big in a way. So yes a lot of moving things around.

   We spent most the weekend moving things around. I was hoping to get things done before Monday. Even though his Parapro will not be over, and Therapies can't start up just yet. It would have just been nice to have it out of the way before the new week started. But it's not. It was a lot of work. It was like we were moving. And that is what it felt like. But it did also give us a chance to declutter as well.

   Also, things slowed us down because I think we all got the stomach bug. My husband I mostly just our tummy was very upset. My mom started complaining. I thought it might skip the kids. But my son started vomiting midday. So far, my daughter seems fine. So you can imagine this slowed down the moving things around process down.

   Needless to say, the house is still a disaster. Trying to get things organized and cleaned back up. It will get there. I knew I had a lot of school books. Oh man, I have a lot of books LOL. My next project will be my master bedroom. For some reason that is the central location of lets put it in mom's room because we have no clue where to put it. So I got product boxes from products I test everywhere, clothing everywhere that needs to be put away. They are just in piles everywhere. I want to cry. It's like walking through a maze. I HAVE to work on it this week. I can't stand to be in there anymore. I am done with it being central dump location as well. I will be downsizing in there as well. If I don't use it, have not used it in a long while it's getting trashed or donated. I already have one big box ready to drop off to donate. I am done. I am ready to simplify. With such a big house, you can fill it up quick if you don't watch yourself.

   I got several product reviews in for the week. And have been uploading some vlogs. I have been really working my blog and networking. Focusing on growing my social media accounts. I am happy to say I reached way over my goal of 400 subscribers on youtube and am currently at 530 subscribers. That is big for me. Because before I really was not working it like I should. That was in 4 days, people. I was under 400 subs and now I am way over 500. 4 days of networking did that. And no I did not spend all my time doing this. Just a few hours a day. That was it. I am working on growing my twitter and Facebook business page. I would like to see those over a thousand before the end of next month. I am about a couple hundred away on each social media account in reaching that goal. I think that is attainable.

   I am really enjoying what I am doing. It helps my family out so much since I can't work outside of the house with my disabilities. And I can still take care of my kids and get my special needs son to all of his appointments and homeschooling. Working outside of the house it would be almost impossible to do this all. I would have to sacrifice things. And I am not willing to sacrifice doing any of these things for my family. They need me here to take care of them. And my son can't miss his appointments. It would be impossible even if I didn't have Multiple Sclerosis or being visually impaired. The fact that my son needs me at home to take care of him, my illnesses do not matter. And guess what I am happy to do it.

Well, that is the recap for this week. Let's see what this next week will be like. I am hoping for a great organized week and feeling good that I got everything in order.

Till next week <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment