Sunday, May 17, 2015

Lopez Chronicles Family Weekend Update 5/17/2015

Weekend Update
5/04/2015 to 5/17/2015



It's that time again.
Yes, you are reading that correct.
I missed last week's update.
So let's get started and find out what has been going on.


   Ok wow so yes it has been 2 weeks. So we left off on the 3rd finding out that a dear friend had passed away. And then to top it all off my husband's Grandfather was in the hospital and it did not look good. We were not sure what was going on. Come to find out because he is in kidney failure and is on weekly dialysis about 3 times a week. There was a certain medication they had him on and his body was not processing it. Meaning it was building up and he was overdosing on this medication. Once they got him off it and did several dialysis treatments in the hospital he slowly started coming back to us. He was calling for his great grandchildren the whole time while he was in and out. He is out and doing much better. 


   That all day shopping trip I had that Friday well it did me in. Like I said I was in a lot of pain. But I also got really sick. I still am sick even. I am starting to feel much better. But around Sunday it really set in and I got sick and been fighting it ever since. It set into my lungs. Causing breathing issues and coughing fits. I am glad I am starting to feel human again after two weeks. But I am still having coughing fits. 

   We had a HUGE thunderstorm early morning on the 4th. I am sure that made me sicker as well. The weather has been actually a bit odd the last few weeks. First it's hot, then it's cold. It never can make up its mind. The lightening was hitting so close the thunder would rock the house. I am shocked we did not lose any power at all. On the 4th before the sick hit me too hard I did manage to take a nice walk with the kids and my son's Parapro. It was really nice out so I did not want to pass up the opportunity. I did some blogging and networking for the day while my husband visited his grandfather in the hospital. 

   The 5th was library day and Ben once a week reads to the therapy dog there at the public library in town. I was feeling under the weather but did not want to disappoint my son so I did go. I as so very proud of him. He is finally through the orange set of the early readers. I did post a short vlog clip of my son reading to the therapy dog. I will post it right here. It also includes a note he wrote to me all by himself. Because by the 6th I was down for the count and barely functioning at all. 

   My brother and sister in law came down from Oregon. I was so excited to see them. But I was so mad I was sick. I tried to keep my distance from them so they would not get sick as well. I did not want them to get ill and it ruin their trip. But we got to spend some quality time with them on the 6th. I am very thankful when I get to see them. Because it usually is only once or twice a year now. 

   Around the 7th and 8th, I had isolated myself to my bedroom at this point. I did not want to get the kids or my son's parapro sick at all. And to this date, they still have not gotten sick. So I think maybe we are in the safe zone. Maybe?? 

   During lockup I networked, blogged and pitched companies that I wanted to work with. I saw a negative comment about grammar from those doing reviews as a hobby and recording themselves. I was a little irritated because I knew it was towards me. I guess I should not let it bother me. Sellers come to me because they tell me they feel like they are dealing with a real person and not someone just trying to be a salesperson. Because in reality, I am not trying to make sales for anyone. I am sharing products that I like that have been given to me. If I don't like it I normally don't share it on here. Anyway, that is beside the point. I have many challenges. Being visually impaired. Having one eye with low vision in the eye that is left. And severe dyslexia as well. Writing can be a challenge. But guess what? I love doing it. 

   I have software on my laptop that helps me out visually and with writing. And I was able to find a grammar add-on that helps pick up typical common mistakes. It has helped me out a lot. But I figure if grammar mistakes really turn you off that bad and you're a so called friend. How about instead of making negative posts. Offer to help them? Nice thought huh? That leads me to believe most are jealous when they post negative things like that. You usually find out who your true friends are. But I have not let my limitations set me back. I will keep on writing and I will keep on vlogging? Why? Because I enjoy it and it helps my family out as well. 

   I have had in the past few weeks had a couple of blogger friends and a good friend help me out with my blog and layout. I am thankful to those who truly want to help me. These people mean a lot to me. Others that want to start drama don't need to be part of my life. 

   During the week of the 4th and my brother and sis in law being down. They borrowed my Buick. Needless to say that car broke down on them. Once again giving us nothing but trouble. I felt really bad for my brother. I had broken down in it many times in the summer months for hours on end. It sucks for sure. My brother and my dad did get it up and running again so we could get it back home. I am thankful for them both. 

   Monday the 11th still sick as a dog. It was time to say farewell to my brother and sis in law. As well as my mom. She took off to Oregon to visit for a while with them. Which I have to say kind of put me in a rough spot to be in. It meant till she is back. I am stranded for the most part at home. Why? Because I can't drive. I know I can't rely on her for everything. But she truly is a big part of me being able to be mobile with my limitations. 

   Thankfully this last week I have not had any doctors appointments. I was able to wait for my dad or Mario till they got home if driving needed to be done. But let's face it. I have been really sick. I really did not leave the house at all. This coming week is a whole other story. But I will have my husband home this coming week. 

   Pretty much from the 11th till now I been sleeping ALOT, networking SOME, and well vlogging not so much at all. I even missed the coffee date Thursday. But I was so bad. I could not talk without coughing or not breathing. It did rain again ALOT on the 15th. And it was nice. We really need all the rain we can get. And I hear we might be getting some more this next week. We will see. 

  So I am sure you have seen product reviews. I spent my time doing those. Oh, I did buy a dress online for an upcoming Graduation party. Here is a picture of it. I am going to dress it up with some fancy jewelry. And my daughter was able to borrow a nice dressy formalish (that is a word) black cocktail style dress. Here are some pictures. 


   Here is my dress I bought off of Ebay. I got this for less than 14 bucks. Can you believe that? I think I will blog about it when it arrives this week and put it under my clothing category under lifestyles. Speaking of that!! Do you see I have drop down menues now? I am so excited about that. 

   But I also bought from Amazon a pretty black and clear crystal style necklace that will go perfectly with the dress. I want to dress it up with a silver shawl. But I am not sure if I can get ahold of one before the 23rd of this month. 














   Here is that black dress that we borrowed from a friend for Lana. It fits her perfectly and it looks beautiful on her. I plan on doing her hair in a half up style with curls if I can. Her hair is kind of short still. So we sill see. She is looking forward to this party. It is prom style. So it shall be fun.

   For some other new, news for the week. I finally got my daughters new curriculum for next year from "Moving Beyond the page". I will be doing a separate blog and Vlog about this. Even though my kids are ESA students and taught at home. They don't have to do any standardized testing. However, I do like testing my daughter just to see what areas she might need some extra work on during the summer time. She did great. She is officially in 7th Grade. I can't believe she is in Junior High now. She is growing up way too fast on me.

   But she is so excited about her new curriculum. Yes, that is possible for a child to be excited to learn. And when I blog and vlog about the curriculum you will see why she is. But she just wants to start on it now instead of waiting on the new school year. I told her if she wants and she likes it. She can do a year round school year. And when done start the next grade. The thought of graduating a few years early excited her. But we will see how long that lasts. You know kids.

   So I think this is about it. I think that sums up the last two weeks. Monday is a new week and tons going on. I will update you at the end of the week. And hopefully, I can even vlog a bit as well. It looks like I am over the huge hump in this sickness. So just maybe I can Vlog like I want to.

  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. And have a marvelous Monday.

xoxoxoxoxox





No comments:

Post a Comment