Friday, May 15, 2015

Silicone Gloves for Cooking and Baking


Silicone BBQ Gloves Cooking and Baking Is Easier with This Heat Resistance Oven Mitts - Men and Women Love Cooking with This Great Kitchen Gadget - Use As Grilling, High-Quality Materials, Fits Most, Best Lifetime Guarantee










   You may have seen me review different brands of silicone gloves. Praising how much I do love them. and I still do love silicone gloves. But here is the thing now. And this is after using them for several months and really getting the fill on how I do like them and what I truly love about them. And my love for silicone glove's is not necessarily because I think they work better than regular oven mitts. And maybe they are if you're cooking with low-temperature foods under 425. But my issue and con with the product is, over the time frame of using various silicone glove's, I was really hoping to see that one would be better then the other when dealing with high heat. And I have yet to find that.


   The fact of the matter is most my food is cooked above 425 degrees. Yes, if the temp is below that you really will not feel any heat. However, above that temperature you feel the heat just like you would in regular oven mittens. So this is a con for me. These need to be improved to at least heat over 475. Because most foods I cook call for temps of 450 to 475 depending what I am baking. If I come across some that do. I will praise them and kiss the ground they walk on. 

    But here are the positives for me about these silicone gloves, or any for that matter. These have multiple uses. Hot, cold, grilling, I have used them doing yard work. I have seen others say it takes pet hair off the furniture by rubbing your hand along the furniture while wearing them. They are easy to clean. Meaning I just pop them in the dishwasher or rinse them off. Regular oven mitts I'm always looking for because they are in the dirty clothes needing to be washed. They will last longer in my opinion and not break down as fast as regular cloth oven mitts.

    So even though my thoughts and feelings have changed over the last few months on silicone gloves. I feel like they don't really in the long run help me with the foods I cook with higher temps. There are still too many positives on quality and clean up and durability for me to pass them up. I also notice this set is better priced than most I have come across. Well, when they are available I guess. It says they currently are not available. But I want to say I remember the price being around 10.99 or so. So in the end will I continue to buy them or review them? Most likely. Because I prefer them over cloth oven mitts for the reasons stated. And you know what they make great gifts as well. 

  Because these were directly shipped to me from the company to review. I did not receive the E- book that comes with the purchase. So I can't let you know how the E-book was. 

Here is some information from the company about their product:
  • MULTI-PURPOSE USAGE: The pair of gloves can be used in many circumstances ranging from BBQ preparation, outdoor cooking, smoker grill handling, kitchen hot potholder, meat tearing, house cleaning etc. 
  • Made out of High-Quality Silicone, BPA Free. FDA Approved. Heat Resistant for Temperatures up to 425ºF
  • One Size Fits All-1 Pair Of No Slip 10 Finger Grip Gator Gloves-Easily Grab Hot Food With A Strong Grip
  • Lifetime Hassle-Free Warranty
  • BONUS: Free EBook BBQ Recipe from Chef Adam Egues


  Disclaimer: Regarding my product reviews. The company provided me with a reduced price or free item(s) or sample(s) of the product(s) mentioned above in my review, I was under no obligation to review it, nor was I under any obligation to only write a positive review. My reviews are my honest opinion after personally trying the product & feeling confident in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment